By: Nora Ephron
I liked the essay from the beginning because her introduction was catchy. It was not too educational, factual, boring, etc. It drew me in instantly. I was very intrigued by her assertion that chicken soup could even possibly be the cause of a cold. I had the same thoughts about her claims about breast feeding causing allergies, computers causing the decline of movies, reading about hand washing leads to memory loss, and ultimately, the claim that Google is leading to the end of conversation as we know it. She appeals to my emotions, because I feel that the world is changing in a negative way. Her evidence is perfectly used, and she makes her point without boring me. The audience could be anyone. Her ideas are logically sound, and it makes me emotionally feel that the technological revolution could be hurting the value of our lives today.
No comments:
Post a Comment